Real Estate Investor Newsletter: Wednesday, April 27, 2016
|This Week in News|
- Southern California home buyers face fierce competition and tight inventory this spring – Los Angeles Times [Read Now]
- Packed open houses. Bidding wars. Rising prices. That’s the landscape for much of the Southern California housing market as the spring selling season gets underway. Competition is as fierce, or even greater, than last year in many corners of the Southland, and would-be buyers can expect a pitched battle if they want to close a deal, real estate agents say. […]
- California housing market ranked nation’s 8th healthiest – Orange County Register [Read Now]
- California housing started 2016 as the nation’s eighth healthiest market and in the best shape it’s been in eight years, according to a novel real estate index. The Freddie Mac Multi-Indicator Market Index, or “Mimi,” attempts to gauge the nation’s often volatile housing health with Goldilocks-like “too-hot-too-cold-just-right” methodology.[…]
- What four factors really determine prices in the housing market? – OC Housing News [Read Now]
- Read how the purchase price of any property (and thereby the aggregate market) is based on four fundamentals: 1) borrower income, 2) allowable debt-to-income ratios, 3) interest rates, and 4) down payment requirements. […]
- What homebuyers will be attracted to – or repulsed by – can be hard to predict – Orange County Register [Read Now]
- When I am out with buyers, taking them to the four or five top homes that are likely to hit all of their must have’s and want to have’s and are also within their budget, I am often surprised by the feedback I’m given. […]
|Education and Personal Growth|
This new TED Talks has taken the internet by storm last month. Tim Urban really explains how procrastination works and can be defeated in some delightful analogies and visuals.
Tim Urban knows that procrastination doesn’t make sense, but he’s never been able to shake his habit of waiting until the last minute to get things done. In this hilarious and insightful talk, Urban takes us on a journey through YouTube binges, Wikipedia rabbit holes and bouts of staring out the window — and encourages us to think harder about what we’re really procrastinating on, before we run out of time.
|Investor Tools, Apps, Programs, Sponsors, and More|
|Seminars and Special Events|
- When: July 17 – 19th
- Where: Wynn Hotel, Las Vegas
- Keynote Speaker: Keynote Presentation: Steve Winn, CEO, RealPage
- Cost: Register by March 31 and enjoy the Advanced rate of $495, After June 1 $595 Registration link
|Southern California Real Estate Investment Club Meetings|
Please verify the date/time before attending. Check for reservation, membership, and fee requirements. Links are provided on the group names below. Please contact us with any additions or corrections.
Upcoming meetings April 27 – May 8 [view full month’s listings – click here]
|Los Angeles County|
|Commercial Investment Group||Wed, Apr 27||9:00 AM||Van Nuys||Effectiive Commercial Purchase Agreements|
|Long Beach – Real Estate Investment Club – For Investors By Investors (FIBI)||Thu, Apr 28||6:30 PM||Long Beach||Learn to Measure Real Estate Market, Cycles and Build Profit Centers|
|Best Los Angeles Real Estate Club||Wed, May 04||6:30 PM||Glendale||Learn about Real Estate, Interest Rates, Cap Rates & 1031 Tax-Deferred Exchanges|
|FIBI Commercial Real Estate Los Angeles||Thu, May 05||6:00 PM||Los Angeles||Creative Financing Options for Commercial Real Estate|
|Land & Investment Property Group||Wed, Apr 27||8:30 AM||Brea||CRENAB Monthly Get Together + CCIM|
|Land & Investment Property Group||Wed, Apr 27||9:00 AM||Brea||Land and Investment Property Group|
|Fortune Weavers||Thu, Apr 28||7:00 PM||Fountain Valley||How & Why You Should Properly Use Insurance To Your Advantage|
|Land & Investment Property Group||Fri, Apr 29||12:00 PM||Brea||CRE Radio Weekly|
|Investclub for Women, Orange County||Sat, Apr 30||8:30 AM||Redondo Beach||Speaker: Greg Pinneo – Free Seminar|
|Realty Investment Association of California (RIAOC)||Tue, May 03||7:30 AM||Anaheim||“RICS Futures Insight: Our Changing World”|
|OC Investment Club – For Investors By Investors (FIBI)||Tue, May 03||6:15 PM||Irvine||Real Estate Investor Monthly Meeting|
|Orange Coast Exchangors||Fri, May 06||9:00 AM||SJ Capistrano||Monthly Meeting|
|San Diego County|
|San Diego Investment Club-FIBI||Thu, May 05||6:00 PM||Del Mar||How To Structure Deals for Passive Income Like the Top 1% of Savvy Investors|
|North San Diego County Association of Realtors (NSDCAR)||Fri, May 06||9:00 AM||Carlsbad||The Next Evolution in Real Estate|
|Inland Empire Real Estate Investment Club||Wed, Apr 27||6:30 PM||Riverside||IEREIC Meeting – Speaker: Chuck Maciel|
Contact Cornerstone Company for securing simple, quick and reliable hard money loans for investment in real estate. We provide rehab loans, fix and flip loans, short term real estate loans and bridge loans in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and for Central and Northern California.
Download the House Flip Calculator designed especially for real estate investors and fix & flippers. You can evaluate your potential flips, create side-by-side comparisons, and more. Forward this to friends and register to download it here at Cornerstone-Company.com.
Copyright © 2015 Cornerstone Real Estate Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
This newsletter is brought you by Cornerstone Company Private Money lending and its sponsors. Cornerstone Company recommends resources and tools relevant to real estate investors. Some of these links may include affiliate referrals or paid advertising.