Real Estate Investor Newsletter: Thursday, May 4, 2017
|This Week in News|
- The advantages of owning real estate in a single-member LLC – MarketWatch [Read Now]
- Single-member limited liability companies (SMLLCs) are limited liability companies (LLCs) with only one member (owner). As with a corporation, operating a business or investment activity as an LLC generally protects your personal assets from exposure to liabilities related to the activity — under applicable state law. However, SMLLCs offer some unique tax attributes that make them ideal real estate ownership vehicles. Here’s the story on their advantages. […]
- First-quarter GDP may be cool, but housing market downright balmy – The Hill [Read Now]
- GDP growth is not strong, but the housing market is more than fine. So fine that my forecast for the year is upgraded. Existing-home sales will rise by 3.5 percent and home prices will get a 5-percent boost in 2017. […]
- 5 hidden landmines in commercial real estate deals – Orange County Register [Read Now]
- Just like the explosive landmines that lurk beneath the surface, similar “bombs” can derail a commercial real estate deal. Although bodily injury may be avoided, the fallout created is nonetheless painful. It’s important to recognize where these landmines might be hiding. So, let’s discuss the most common landmines you could encounter when buying or selling a building. […]
- Home prices rose at the fastest pace in nearly 3 years – LA Times [Read Now]
- US. home prices rose steadily in February as more buyers chased fewer available properties, a trend that many analysts say may not be sustainable. The Standard & Poor's CoreLogic Case-Shiller national home price index, released Tuesday , increased 5.8% in February, the most in 32 months. Such strong price gains and slightly higher mortgage rates may eventually cool off demand. […]
- How do I structure a deal by partnering with family member private money lender?
- Where can I find a standardized list of rehab supplies for my flips?
|Investor Tools, Apps, Programs, Sponsors, and More|
Real Estate Lawyers That Get Real Results
If you have purchased or are thinking about purchasing real estate property, whether it be a home, commercial building or land, you may want to consult with a real estate lawyer in order to protect yourself from any unforeseen liabilities that might be attached to the property. Fast, Free, and Confidential
|Find the Right Real Estate Lawyer Now ›|
Inman Connect San Francisco
Inman Connect is a week-long event bringing together more than 4,000 top-producing agents and brokers, CEO’s of leading real estate franchises, MLS and association leaders, tech entrepreneurs and marketing executives, to network, make deals and explore the newest technology. It’s where the industry comes to learn about, embrace and leverage the change that surrounds real estate.
|Southern California Real Estate Investment Club Meetings|
Please verify the date/time before attending. Check for reservation, membership, and fee requirements. Links are provided on the group names below. Please contact us with any additions or corrections. Upcoming meetings May 4 – 14, 2017 [View full month's listings – click here]
|Los Angeles County|
|LA South Real Estate Investors Association (REIA)||Mon, May 08||6:30 PM||Torrance||May Main Event: Short-Term Rentals; Long-Term Profits!|
|FIBI South Bay Real Estate Investment Club Manhattan Beach||Wed, May 10||6:30 PM||Manhattan Beach||Syndicate Your Way To Proper Diversification|
|Real Estate Investor Club of Los Angeles||Thu, May 11||6:30 PM||Culver City||General Monthly Meeting for May -Jason Kennedy|
|LA South Real Estate Investors Association (REIA)||Sat, May 13||9:00 AM||Torrance||Workshop: J Massey – Double-Digit Profits in Short-Term Rentals|
|Orange Coast Exchangors||Fri, May 05||9:00 AM||SJ Capistrano||Monthly Meeting|
|Fortune Weavers||Mon, May 08||7:00 PM||Fountain Valley||Find Fix, Fund, and Flip Properties in Southern California|
|Realty Investment Association of California (RIAOC)||Tue, May 09||7:30 AM||Anaheim||Speaker: Matthew Winefield, “Saving a Property Transaction When Faced with Contamination”|
|Land and Investments Property Group||Wed, May 10||9:00 AM||Brea||Land and Investment Property Group|
|CCIM GREATER SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA CHAPTER||Thu, May 11||11:00 AM||Santa Ana||CCIM May Lunch & Learn April 2017|
|Orange County Real Estate Investors Association (OCREIA)||Thu, May 11||6:30 PM||Costa Mesa||May 2017 – Gena Lofton|
|San Diego County|
|San Diego Investment Club-FIBI||Thu, May 04||6:00 PM||Del Mar||San Diego Investment Club – SDIC Monthly Meeting|
|San Diego Creative Investors Association (SDCIA)||Tue, May 09||6:00 PM||San Diego||Monthy Meeting|
|Coachella ValleyReal Estate Investors Association (CVREIA)||Tue, May 09||7:00 PM||Palm Desert||How to Find, Analyze & Buy a Deal in SoCal Today ~ Stephen McKee|
|Black Belt Investors||Thu, May 11||8:00 AM||TBD||Master's Program – Flipping Houses|
|Black Belt Investors||Sat, May 06||8:00 AM||TBD||Real Estate Investment Workshop|
Contact Cornerstone Company for securing simple, quick and reliable hard money loans for investment in real estate. We provide rehab loans, fix and flip loans, short term real estate loans and bridge loans in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, and for Central and Northern California.
Office: +1 (714) 723-6024
Download the House Flip Calculator designed especially for real estate investors and fix & flippers. You can evaluate your potential flips, create side-by-side comparisons, and more. Forward this newsletter to colleagues and register to download it here at Cornerstone-Company.com.
Copyright © 2017 Cornerstone Real Estate Group, Inc. All rights reserved.
This newsletter is brought you by Cornerstone Company Private Money lending and its sponsors. Cornerstone Company recommends resources and tools relevant to real estate investors. Some of these links may include affiliate referrals or paid advertising.